Monday, April 28, 2014

Praises and Imperfections

My friends wrote me proclaiming:
     "Thank you for being a blessing..."

Oh, such wonderful consolation...
     From this grand recognition!

I wish I could really be...
     A fine leader to see.

I've got lots of imperfections
     And need major corrections.

They say the medium is the message -
     What a challenging adage!

The leader has her own battles
     Which she fights and tackles.

What, in the end, matters ---
     She reaches out to others.

'Tis the logic of gift to share,
     To know how it means to care.

Everyone has a unique purpose.
     This, no one can oppose.

The goal is not to shine...
     But to be led to the divine.

Praises aren't for me to glee.
     It's for One who loves you and me!


(This poem is dedicated to my colleagues Valerie and Christine.)

No comments:

Post a Comment