Sunday, August 22, 2010

Not From My Viewpoint

I gathered from the book "If Only He Knew" that there are 3 types of love:

1. Companionship - "I like you" feelings which stimulates the 5 senses and which doesn't withstand the pressure of time since persons change year after year; all about enjoying attractive features in another

2. Passion - works harder on the emotions and stimulates body and mind

3. Genuine Love - "I see a need in you. Let me have the privilege of meeting it." It's identifying and addressing the needs of another from their point of view. It involves “asking what the other needs, how much he/she needs and when he/she needs them.” It gives to others instead of taking for itself and motivates us to help others reach their full potential in life. It has no qualifications and does not seek to gain but only to give.

So, obviously, go for the third!

No comments:

Post a Comment